White Collar Crime Defense Attorney in San Antonio
If you’ve been accused of a white-collar crime in and around San Antonio, the effects can be a serious detriment to your normal life experience. Your business and private reputation can be easily tainted with this type of charge. However, with a white-collar crimes attorney such as Derek W. Emmons representing you, you can rest assured your rights will be protected throughout the entire legal process. He has experience building strong defenses for cases like yours. When you’re facing allegations of any type of white collar crime, hire a skilled and experienced Texas attorney who has a proven track record of helping people like you.
Understanding White Collar Crimes
The Department of Justice defines white collar crimes as nonviolent, illegal activities that involve manipulation, breach of trust, concealment, or deceit without the use of physical force. These types of cases can be complicated and require the expertise of a white collar crimes attorney such as Derek W. Emmons. When you or a loved one is facing state or federal charges, it’s time to hire legal counsel that you can trust.
Examples of Texas White Collar Crimes
Some of the most commonly prosecuted crimes in this area of the law include and are not limited to:
- Wire Fraud: This is a federal crime that uses wire (telephone), television, or radio transmissions that cross state lines to steal.
- Mail Fraud: This federal crime is usually prosecuted by the Federal Government. To convict someone of this white-collar crime, they must prove that there was a scheme to defraud or obtain money/property by fraudulent means.
- Ponzi Schemes: Investment managers oftentimes defraud investors by using the money from later investors to pay off the earlier ones rather than investing the money.
- Bankruptcy Fraud: Hiding information or assets in a federal bankruptcy action case.
- Securities Fraud: Failing to truthfully disclose activities to analysts and investors. Sometimes insider trading is included here.
- Money Laundering
While these are just some examples of common white-collar crimes, an experienced white collar crimes attorney is knowledgeable in all crimes of this area of the law, and knows how to defend his clients in cases involving them. White collar crimes can be a complex area of the law, which involves both federal and state laws. Never attempt to defend yourself in a white-collar crime case on your own.
Contact an Experienced White Crimes Attorney to Represent You
If you’ve been accused of any of the above acts or any other crime, contact an experienced white collar criminal defense attorney in San Antonio as soon as possible. Derek W. Emmons has a proven track record of success for those that have been charged with white collar crimes. He offers free phone consultations to potential clients where you will discuss your case and charges, tell your side of the story, and ask any questions you want answered. To schedule this important phone call today, call 210-226-2800.
San Antonio Criminal
I understand how important it is for you to have an experienced criminal defense lawyer by your side, so I ask you to take the first step today and contact me for a free case evaluation.
My clients are extremely important to me, so much so I even provide them with my cell phone number so they can contact me when I am out of the office. Evening and weekend consultations are available by appointment.
Mon – Fri 8.30am to 5.30pm
Office Staff Speak Spanish
Credit Cards Accepted
Payment Plans Available
FREE Initial Consultation